- Your membership is free, and there are no fees for hosting a Plan.
- There is no minimum number of employees required, and additional employees can be added to your Plan at no cost.
- Contributions to employee accounts can be made by the business, by the employees, or as a combination of both.
- Maximum contribution for each employee account is $2,500 per year.
- Contributions made through your business are tax deductible.
- Do it on your schedule - there are no required payments, leaving you free to contribute when the timing is right for you.
- To save you time, we handle all the tax receipts and statements for your employees.
The latest business newsletter is available here.
3 Steps to Getting Started:
- Have each employee complete a Member Application form and supply a copy of their birth certificate.
- Fill out an Employer Sign-up Form with your company information and contribution details.
- Forward all documents to:
- Saskatchewan Pension Plan
- Box 5555
- Kindersley SK S0L 1S0
We will be happy to help you set up your plan! Check out the post sign-up information for useful information now that your company has joined SPP.
Have a Business?Click here to request more information about our Pension Plan for Business.
Read what businesses are saying about SPP!
"Our company has been registered with the Saskatchewan Pension Plan for almost 4 years now.
We are using the monthly contribution option and find that this is an easy to follow plan; there is virtually no administrative work on our part.
On the rare occasion that we needed to phone for information, the staff is always helpful and friendly."
Michelangelo Marble & Granite Co. Ltd.
"Fastener Warehouse has been investing with SPP for their Staff for 17 years.
Every year these investments grow so our staff can build a retirement fund! It’s a wonderful thing!
SPP makes the process so easy. The money comes out of our account automatically so once I send that initial application in… it's maintenance free.
The fact that they have raised the yearly limit is great! Our staff can add their own money to obtain even more growth. What more can you ask for?
I would recommend SPP to all business owners. It is an easy way to create a pension plan without all the red tape. I think investing in SPP for your staff is a wonderful incentive."
Fastener Warehouse Ltd.
"The Sask Pension has been a great pension plan for our company to be associated with.
They provide several options within the pension plan and we appreciate that they do all the administration.
The Sask Pension Plan makes it very simple to set up and maintain a pension plan for our employees. "
Beltone Hearing Center
"Linn Millwork signed up with SPP in 2006 as we realized the importance of helping our employees plan for their futures.
SPP provides a very simple process and our employees have really appreciated the additional benefit."
Linn Millwork Company Inc.
"At the end of the day I want to look out for my employees and I find SPP is the best way to do so.
It takes little time and energy. If you care about the future of your employees SPP is the best way to do so. Even a little can go a long way!"
"Kindersley Insurance Ltd has provided its employees the opportunity to contribute to the Saskatchewan Pension Plan since March of 2003.
The Saskatchewan Pension Plan makes it easy for a small business like ours to provide employees with a pension plan with little administration costs.
We feel it helps in employee retention and provides a decent return on employee's investments.
It is nice to support a local business who supports our local community and provides employment for local people. "
Kindersley Insurance Ltd
"Hudson Bay Medical Group has been contributing to its employee's Saskatchewan Pension Plans since 1987.
As a small business we appreciate being able to contribute to our employee's retirement plans.
We appreciate the flexibility SPP offers us so that we can tailor our contributions to our benefits policies and to length of service.
With the increased yearly limit to SPP from $600 to $2500, we can make a more substantial contribution to our employee's futures. And with pre-authorized monthly contributions, the administration work is simplified."
Hudson Bay Medical Group